1496 - Construction of a brick town hall at the Cieszyn market square
One of the most eminent Cieszyn dynasts, Prince Casimir II (1477-1528), issued a document in 1496, under which he gave two of his buildings located at the Dominican monastery to the city. The prince had these buildings demolished, and built a town hall instead. The seat of the municipal authorities has remained unchanged until today. The former wooden town hall was on the market square, and the Cieszyn authorities removed the buildings located there in order to clear the central square of the city. The townspeople could then freely meet and trade there.